The Green Bay Packers return to Lambeau Field to face the Atlanta Falcons on Monday Night Football.
- It is the second MNF meeting between the Packers and Falcons in Green Bay (2014).
- The Packers enter Week 4 on an eight-game regular-season winning streak, the longest current streak in the NFC and Green Bay's longest winning streak since 2014-15 (eight games). It is tied for the ninth-longest regular-season winning streak in franchise history.
- The Packers have started 3-0 in back-to-back seasons for the first time since 1965-66.
- According to the Elias Sports Bureau, the Packers are the first team in NFL history with 35-plus points and zero turnovers in each of their first three games of a season. It is also the first time in franchise history that the Packers did not commit a turnover in the first three games of a season.
- The 2020 Packers and the 2013 Denver Broncos are the only teams to have 120-plus points and 1,375-plus yards through the first three games of a season (the Elias Sports Bureau).
- In his last 11 starts in the month of October, QB Aaron Rodgers has completed 257 of 392 passes (65.6 pct.) for 3,219 yards and 26 TDs with just one INT for a 112.0 passer rating.
GREEN BAY ON MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL
- It is the 28th consecutive season (1993-2020) that Green Bay is appearing on MNF, the second-longest streak in the NFL behind the Denver Broncos (29, 1992-2020).
- The Packers are 33-32-1 in the regular season on MNF.
- Green Bay has won six of its last seven games on MNF.
- The Packers' .857 winning percentage (6-1) on MNF since 2014 is No. 2 in the NFL over that span (Pittsburgh, 9-0, 1.000) with Atlanta ranking No. 3 (5-1, .833).
- It is the seventh time in the last eight seasons the Packers have played at Lambeau Field on MNF.
- Green Bay has won seven of its last nine home games on MNF.
- The Packers have scored 23-plus points in six of the last seven MNF games they have played (23, 23, 33, 17, 27, 38, 43), recording a win in each of those six contests.
- Two of the last three MNF games for the Packers have been decided by three points or less (13, 1, 3).
- Rodgers threw for 300-plus yards and a passer rating of 100-plus in four consecutive MNF games (2015-18). According to The Elias Sports Bureau, that was the longest streak in MNF history. In those four games (Packers were 4-0), Rodgers completed 103 of 156 passes (66.0 percent) for 1,398 yards (349.5 per game), 12 TDs and no INTs for a 120.1 passer rating.
- Overall, Rodgers has played in 17 Monday games, recording a passer rating of 98.1 that ranks No. 3 among active players (min. 200 pass att.)
WITH THE CALL
ESPN will broadcast the game to a national audience. Play-by-play man Steve Levy joins analysts Louis Riddick and Brian Griese in the booth with Lisa Salters reporting from the sidelines.
- Milwaukee's WTMJ (620 AM), airing Green Bay games since November 1929, heads up the Packers Radio Network that is made up of 50 stations in four states. Wayne Larrivee (play-by-play), two-time Packers Pro Bowler Larry McCarren (analyst) and three-time Packers Pro Bowler and two-time All-Pro John Kuhn (sideline) will call the action. McCarren first joined the team's broadcasts in 1995 and enters his 25th season calling Packers games. After originally being paired together in 1999, McCarren and Larrivee enter their 22nd season of broadcasts together. They surpassed Jim Irwin and Max McGee for the most regular-season and postseason games broadcast for the Packers with 313 at the 2018 season opener against Chicago.
- The broadcast is also available on Sirius Satellite Radio (WTMJ feed), WTMJ.com via desktop computer and on numerous devices through NFL Game Pass.
- Westwood One Sports will air the game on radio across the country. Kevin Harlan (play-by-play) and Kurt Warner (analyst) will call the action with Jim Gray hosting the pregame and halftime shows.
THE DOPE ON THIS WEEK'S OPPONENT:
Packers vs. Falcons:
- Regular season, all-time: 16-14
- All-time, Postseason: 2-2
- All-time, at Home: 11-4 (6-3 at Lambeau Field)
- Streaks: Green Bay has won three consecutive home contests against Atlanta dating back to the 2013 season
- Last meeting, regular season: Dec. 9, 2018, Lambeau Field, Packers won, 34-20
- Matt LaFleur: 16-3-0, .842; (1-1 postseason); 2nd NFL season
- Dan Quinn: 43-40, .518 (3-2 postseason); 6th NFL season
- Head to Head: 0-0
- vs. Opponent: LaFleur 0-0 vs. Falcons; Quinn 2-1 vs. Packers (1-0 postseason)
MATT LaFLEUR…In his second season as the Packers' 15th head coach.
- In his 12th season in the NFL, having previously served as an offensive coordinator for two seasons (Los Angeles Rams, 2017; Tennessee Titans, 2018), a quarterbacks coach for six seasons (Washington Redskins, 2010-13; Atlanta Falcons, 2015-16), and an offensive assistant for two seasons (Houston Texans, 2008-09).
- In his first season leading the Packers in 2019, became the first coach in club history to lead the team to the playoffs in his debut season. Also led the largest one-year win improvement in team history (plus-seven wins).
- Became only the fifth coach in NFL history to win 13-plus regular-season games in his first season as a head coach (Jim Caldwell, George Seifert, Jim Harbaugh, Steve Mariucci).
- Guided the Titans' offense in 2018 to a No. 7 league ranking in rushing (126.4 ypg) as Tennessee registered 11 games with 100-plus rushing yards, tied for No. 2 in the NFL.
- Helped the Rams lead the league in scoring with an average of 29.9 points per game in 2017, more than doubling their average from 2016 (14.0 ppg).
- Tutored QB Matt Ryan, who led the league in passer rating (117.1) in 2016 on his way to being named NFL Most Valuable Player by The Associated Press, and QB Robert Griffin III, who became the first QB in Washington franchise history to win AP Offensive Rookie of the Year in 2012.
DAN QUINN…Is in his sixth season as the Falcons' 16th head coach.
- Quinn's .518 regular-season winning percentage (43-40) ranks third in franchise history among head coaches with at least four seasons.
- Guided the Falcons to a 10-6 record in 2017, marking the third time that the club has posted back-to-back seasons of 10-plus wins.
- Led Atlanta to the franchise's second NFC championship in 2016 en route to an appearance in Super Bowl LI.
- Coached a high-powered offense in 2016 with the Falcons, finishing second in the NFL in passing touchdowns and total yards per game.
- Coordinated a Seattle defense that led the league in yards allowed per game, passing yards allowed per game and points allowed per game for two consecutive seasons (2013-14).
THE PACKERS-FALCONS SERIES
- Green Bay averaged 34.4 points while winning the first five games of the series, with the first coming in 1966 en route to becoming the first Super Bowl champions.
- In February 1992, Atlanta traded QB Brett Favre to Green Bay after drafting him in the second round (33rd overall) of the 1991 NFL Draft. Favre would go on to go 4-3 against the Falcons while with the Packers, including a 37-20 win in the 1995 NFC Wild Card.
Green Bay head coach Matt LaFleur served as Atlanta's quarterbacks coach for two seasons (2015-16)…Falcons defensive coordinator Raheem Morris and offensive line coach Chris Morgan coached alongside LaFleur for the Washington Football Team between 2011-13…Falcons G Justin McCray spent two seasons with the Packers from 2017-18…Packers tight ends coach Justin Outten served on the Falcons' coaching staff from 2016-18…Falcons secondary/defensive pass game coordinator Joe Whitt Jr. held multiple positions on the Packers' coaching staff from 2008-18…Falcons senior defensive assistant Bob Sutton coached under Packers defensive coordinator Mike Pettine when Pettine held the same position for the Jets from 2009-12…Falcons tight ends coach Ben Steele played two seasons as a TE for the Packers from 2004-05…Packers QB Aaron Rodgers and Falcons defensive line coach/run game coordinator Tosh Lupoi were teammates at the University of California...Packers defensive backs coach Jerry Gray held the same position for the Seahawks in 2010 when Falcons head coach Dan Quinn coached the team's defensive line…Green Bay LB Preston Smith is from Stone Mountain, Ga. …Packers CB Chandon Sullivan is from Winder, Ga., and played collegiately at Georgia State…Green Bay DL Montravius Adams is from Vienna, Ga. ...Packers LB Za'Darius Smith and Falcons DE Marlon Davidson both attended Greenville High School in Alabama…Packers G Jon Runyan and Falcons WR Olamide Zaccheaus played together at St. Joseph's Prep in Philadelphia…Packers WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling and Falcons DE Dante Fowler Jr. were teammates at Lakewood High School in St. Petersburg, Fla. …Falcons RB Todd Gurley was coached by LaFleur (2017) and Packers running backs coach Ben Sirmans (2015) while playing for the Rams…Packers TE Marcedes Lewis played alongside Fowler in Jacksonville from 2016-17, when Packers offensive coordinator Nathaniel Hackett was on the coaching staff…Lewis was also coached by Falcons offensive coordinator Dirk Koetter when Koetter was the Jaguars' offensive coordinator from 2007-11…Packers senior analyst coach Butch Barry was on the Buccaneers' coaching staff when Koetter was the team's offensive coordinator (2015) and head coach (2016-18)…Koetter served as the University of Missouri's offensive coordinator when Packers special teams coordinator Shawn Mennenga was on the roster in 1992…Falcons LB LaRoy Reynolds and Packers S Adrian Amos played together with the Bears in 2015…Sirmans was a coach at Boston College during Falcons QB Matt Ryan's senior season in 2007...Packers inside linebackers coach Kirk Olivadotti coached at the University of Georgia from 2011-13...Packers collegiate scouting coordinator Danny Mock worked in various roles for the Falcons from 1980-96.