- Promoted to tight ends coach on Feb. 5, 2022. Originally joined the team on March 1, 2021, as a senior analyst.
- Entering his 19th season of coaching in college or the NFL.
- In 2020, mentored Jets TE Chris Herndon as he returned from an injury-laden 2019 season to finish No. 3 on the team in receptions (31) and tied for No. 2 in receiving TDs (three).
- Served as the offensive coordinator at the University of Connecticut in 2018 following two seasons in the NFL with the Chicago Bears (2016-17).
- Was a walk-on at North Carolina (2001-03), playing quarterback and tight end before a neck injury ended his career.