The Packers go back on the road after two straight home games to face the Detroit Lions, Green Bay's first road division game since Week 1.
- The Packers lead the regular-season series, 101-72-7 (.581), and have won both postseason contests the two clubs have played.
- This marks the fifth time in the last six years that Green Bay will visit Ford Field in December/January.
- Green Bay's 101 regular-season wins over the Lions are the most it has against any team.
- The Packers swept the season series in 2019 for the ninth time in the last 16 years.
- Green Bay has a 30-11 overall mark against Detroit since 2000, a .732 winning percentage that is tied for No. 1 among NFL clubs (Minnesota) with 10-plus meetings against the Lions.
AGAINST THE LIONS
- In the 42-21 Week 2 victory over Detroit, RB Aaron Jones rushed for a career-best 168 yards and two TDs on 18 carries (9.3 avg.) and hauled in four receptions for 68 yards (17.0 avg.) and a TD. Jones became the first player in team history (per Elias) to post 150-plus rushing yards, two-plus rushing TDs, 65-plus receiving yards and a receiving TD in a game.
- Jones' career-high 236 yards from scrimmage in Week 2 were the third most in a game in team history behind only Billy Howton (257 on Oct. 21, 1956) and Don Hutson (237 on Nov. 21, 1943).
- Jones has recorded 100-plus rushing yards in two of the last three games versus the Lions.
- QB Aaron Rodgers has started 21 games against Detroit and has helped guide the Packers to a 16-5 record in those contests.
- Rodgers has thrown 43 TDs compared to just eight INTs against Detroit (104.8 passer rating).
- Rodgers has posted a 100-plus passer rating in 13 games against the Lions in his career.
- WR Davante Adams has six receiving TDs in the last seven games played against the Lions. Adams' six TD receptions versus Detroit since 2015 are the second most in the NFL (Vikings TE Kyle Rudolph, eight).
- With a win on Sunday, Green Bay became the first team in NFL history to reach 800 wins (including playoffs).
- It is the second straight season that the Packers have gotten off to a 9-3 start, just the third time since the merger that Green Bay has won at least nine of its first 12 games in back-to-back seasons (1996-97, 2001-02).
- Green Bay and New Orleans (10-2, 10-2) are the only teams in the NFL to win at least nine of their first 12 games in both 2019 and 2020.
- The Packers have won 14 of their last 17 regular-season games.
WITH THE CALL
FOX will broadcast the game to a portion of the country. Play-by-play man Adam Amin joins analyst Mark Schlereth with Lindsay Czarniak reporting from the sidelines.
- Milwaukee's WTMJ (620 AM), airing Green Bay games since November 1929, heads up the Packers Radio Network that is made up of 50 stations in four states. Wayne Larrivee (play-by-play), two-time Packers Pro Bowler Larry McCarren (analyst) and three-time Packers Pro Bowler and two-time All-Pro John Kuhn (sideline) will call the action. McCarren first joined the team's broadcasts in 1995 and enters his 25th season calling Packers games. After originally being paired together in 1999, McCarren and Larrivee enter their 22nd season of broadcasts together. They surpassed Jim Irwin and Max McGee for the most regular-season and postseason games broadcast for the Packers with 313 at the 2018 season opener against Chicago.
- The broadcast is also available on Sirius Satellite Radio (WTMJ feed), WTMJ.com via desktop computer and on numerous devices through NFL Game Pass.
- DIRECTV subscribers can watch the game on Channel 710.
THE DOPE ON THIS WEEK'S OPPONENT:
Packers vs. Lions:
- Regular season, all-time: 101-72-7
- All-time, Postseason: 2-0
- All-time, at Detroit: 41-45-3 (11-7 at Ford Field)
- Streaks: The Packers have won five of the last seven regular-season meetings
- Last meeting, regular season: Sept. 20, 2020, Lambeau Field, Packers won, 42-21
- Matt LaFleur: 22-6-0, .786; (1-1 postseason); 2nd NFL season
- Darrell Bevell: 1-0, 1.000 (0-0 postseason); 1st NFL season
- Head to Head: LaFleur 0-0 vs. Bevell
- vs. Opponent: LaFleur 3-0 vs. Lions; Bevell 0-0 vs. Packers
MATT LaFLEUR…In his second season as the Packers' 15th head coach.
- In his 12th season in the NFL, having previously served as an offensive coordinator for two seasons (Los Angeles Rams, 2017; Tennessee Titans, 2018), a quarterbacks coach for six seasons (Washington Redskins, 2010-13; Atlanta Falcons, 2015-16), and an offensive assistant for two seasons (Houston Texans, 2008-09).
- In his first season leading the Packers in 2019, because the first coach in club history to lead the team to the playoffs in his debut season. Also led the largest one-year win improvement in team history (plus-seven wins).
- Became only the fifth coach in NFL history to win 13-plus regular-season games in his first season as a head coach (Jim Caldwell, George Seifert, Jim Harbaugh, Steve Mariucci).
- Guided the Titans' offense in 2018 to a No. 7 league ranking in rushing (126.4 ypg) as Tennessee registered 11 games with 100-plus rushing yards, tied for No. 2 in the NFL.
- Helped the Rams lead the league in scoring with an average of 29.9 points per game in 2017, more than doubling their average from 2016 (14.0 ppg).
- Tutored QB Matt Ryan, who led the league in passer rating (117.1) in 2016 on his way to being named NFL Most Valuable Player by The Associated Press, and QB Robert Griffin III, who became the first QB in Washington franchise history to win AP Offensive Rookie of the Year in 2012.
DARRELL BEVELL…Named Detroit's interim head coach on Nov. 28.
- Began his 20th NFL season as Detroit's offensive coordinator, his second year serving in that role.
- Helped guide a Lions offense that ranked 10th in passing yards per game (243.8) and offensive TDS (28) during the 2019 season.
- Served as Seattle's offensive coordinator from 2011-17, helping guide the team to five playoff appearances, three NFC West Championships, two NFC titles and one Super Bowl victory (XLVIII).
- Held multiple coaching roles for the Packers from 2000-2005 before serving as the Vikings' offensive coordinator from 2006-2010.
THE PACKERS-LIONS SERIES
- The Week 17 victory in 2019 gave the Packers their 100th regular-season win against the Lions franchise. Green Bay's 100 regular-season victories against Detroit are the club's most against any one opponent.
- Green Bay won 29 of the first 38 matchups in the series before the Lions reeled off 11 straight wins over a six-year span (1949-54).
- The teams have met twice in the postseason, with the first playoff matchup in the Wild Card round of the 1993 season. That game saw QB Brett Favre find WR Sterling Sharpe for a game-winning 40-yard score with less than a minute to go, marking the first playoff win for the Packers in more than 10 years.
Packers head coach Matt LaFleur is from Mount Pleasant, Mich., and played quarterback at Saginaw Valley State (2000-02). LaFleur later became an offensive assistant at his alma mater (2003), and then a graduate assistant at Central Michigan (2004-05) and quarterbacks/wide receivers coach at Northern Michigan (2006)...LaFleur and Lions linebackers coach Ty McKenzie served on the same coaching staffs in 2017 (Los Angeles Rams) and 2018 (Tennessee Titans)…Packers LB Rashan Gary played three years at Michigan (2016-18)…Packers G Jon Runyan played at Michigan (2016-19)...Packers offensive line coach Adam Stenavich played collegiately at Michigan (2002-05) and later was a strength and conditioning intern (2011) and a graduate assistant (2012-13) for the Wolverines...Packers quarterbacks coach Luke Getsy was the wide receivers coach at Western Michigan in 2013...Packers offensive quality control coach Kevin Koger played at Michigan (2008-11) and later became a graduate assistant for the Wolverines (2013-14)...Packers chief of staff Darryl Franklin spent three years as a graduate assistant at Central Michigan University. Additionally, Franklin was a player personnel intern with the Lions in 2008...Green Bay TE Robert Tonyan signed with Detroit as an undrafted free agent in 2017 and spent his first offseason with the Lions...Packers T Rick Wagner played for Detroit during the 2017-19 seasons, starting 40 total games…Packers WR Malik Taylor played collegiately at Ferris State and attended Hill-McCloy High School in Montrose, Mich. …Lions interim head coach Darrell Bevell spent six seasons on the Green Bay coaching staff, serving as offensive assistant/quality control coach (2000-01), offensive assistant (2002) and quarterbacks coach (2003-05)…Bevell played quarterback at Wisconsin, where he set 19 school records, and helped lead the Badgers to their first Rose Bowl victory…Lions WR Quintez Cephus played for Wisconsin from 2016-19...Packers assistant offensive line coach Luke Butkus served as a quality control assistant for the Seahawks in 2011 when Bevell served as the Seahawks' offensive coordinator…Packers CB Chandon Sullivan played for the Eagles in 2018 when Lions defensive coordinator Cory Undlin served as the team's defensive backs coach…Lions head equipment manager Tim O'Neil spent six seasons as an equipment assistant in Green Bay (1995-2000)…Lions national scout Mark Olson is from Hudson, Wis., and attended the University of Wisconsin-River Falls…Packers defensive line coach Jerry Montgomery served in the same role at Michigan from 2011-12...Green Bay running backs coach Ben Sirmans coached at Michigan State for two seasons (2005-06)...Packers assistant defensive backs coach Ryan Downard played safety at Eastern Michigan from 2006-10...Packers senior analyst Butch Barry played five seasons (1996-2000) for the Central Michigan football program and later coached a total of seven seasons (2002-03, 2010-14) for the program. Barry also coached at Michigan Tech for three season (2006-08)…Packers defensive backs coach Jerry Gray coached on the same staff as Lions offensive line coach Hank Fraley for the Minnesota Vikings from 2014-16…Fraley coached the offensive line at San Jose State in 2013 when Packers RB Tyler Ervin was on the roster…Packers coaching assistant Ruvell Martin played collegiately with LaFleur at Saginaw Valley State (2000-03) and attended high school in Muskegon, Mich. …Lions WR Mohamed Sanu played for the Falcons from 2016-19 when LaFleur (2016) and Packers tight ends coach Justin Outten (2016-18) were on the coaching staff...Lions DE Everson Griffen (2010-19), S Jayron Kearse (2016-19), RB Adrian Peterson (2007-16) and Jerry Gray (2014-19) all spent time together with the Vikings organization...Detroit wide receivers coach Robert Prince and head strength and conditioning coach Josh Schuler worked on the Colorado coaching staff while Packers T David Bakhtiari was playing for the Buffaloes...Packers offensive coordinator Nathaniel Hackett and Lions head coach assistant/research and analysis Evan Rothstein worked together on the Syracuse staff for two seasons (2010-11)…Packers S Adrian Amos played with Lions LB Christian Jones (2015-18) in Chicago…Former college teammates include: Packers P JK Scott, Lions DL Da'Shawn Hand and LB Reggie Ragland (Alabama); Packers LB Randy Ramsey, Lions OL Frank Ragnow and RB Jonathan Williams (Arkansas); Packers CB Josh Jackson, Lions TE T.J. Hockenson and T Matt Nelson (Iowa); Packers S Adrian Amos, Lions LB Jason Cabinda, TE Jesse James and CB Amani Oruwariye (Penn State).