The Green Bay Packers will host the Philadelphia Eagles this Sunday, marking the Eagles' first visit to Lambeau Field in the month of December.
- The Eagles visit Lambeau Field for the second straight season.
- The Packers have won five of the last seven meetings (including playoffs) against the Eagles.
- With Aaron Rodgers as the starting quarterback, Green Bay is 4-1 against Philadelphia (including the postseason).
- Rodgers has registered a passer rating over 115.0 in three of the last four matchups with Philadelphia (122.5, 120.3, 116.7 and 93.4).
- Rodgers has thrown multiple TD passes in all five starts against the Eagles, which is tied for the second-longest streak in NFL history vs. Philadelphia (including playoffs).
- Dating back to 2000, the teams have alternated wins at Lambeau Field, with each club winning three games over that span.
- In the last six meetings in Green Bay, four have been decided by seven points or less.
- The Packers have won 13 of their last 16 regular-season games.
- Green Bay is finishing the regular season with four of its last six games at home for the first time since 1977.
DECEMBERS TO REMEMBER
- Rodgers has started 22 games in December at Lambeau Field, leading the Packers to a 19-3 record with a passer rating of 111.9 that is No. 1 in NFL history (min. 500 pass att.) at home in December. Rodgers has thrown multiple TD passes in 15 of 22 starts and has posted a 100-plus passer rating in 13 (125-plus in eight of them).
- Under Head Coach Matt LaFleur, the Packers were 5-0 in December last season (3-0 on the road and 2-0 at home), making them one of four teams to not lose in December 2019 (Baltimore/Kansas City: 5-0, Atlanta: 4-0).
- Green Bay only gave up 14.2 points per game last December, No. 2 in the NFL in 2019 (Kansas City, 10.4).
- The Packers ranked No. 6 in the league in points-per- game differential (plus-9.4) last December.
- Green Bay limited opponents to a passer rating of 60.0 in December 2019 to lead the NFL.
- The Packers averaged 131.4 rushing yards per game in December 2019, ranking No. 8 in the NFL. RB Aaron Jones ranked in the top 10 in the league in December 2019 in rushing TDs (tied for No. 4 with five) and rushing yards per game (No. 7 with 91.4).
- Green Bay scored 20-plus points in all five December games in 2019, tying for the most in the NFL last year.
- Last year, the Packers led the NFL in holding opponents to 15 points or less in December games with four.
WITH THE CALL
CBS will broadcast the game to most of the country. Play-by-play man Jim Nantz joins analyst Tony Romo with Tracy Wolfson reporting from the sidelines.
- Milwaukee's WTMJ (620 AM), airing Green Bay games since November 1929, heads up the Packers Radio Network that is made up of 50 stations in four states. Wayne Larrivee (play-by-play), two-time Packers Pro Bowler Larry McCarren (analyst) and three-time Packers Pro Bowler and two-time All-Pro John Kuhn (sideline) will call the action. McCarren first joined the team's broadcasts in 1995 and enters his 25th season calling Packers games. After originally being paired together in 1999, McCarren and Larrivee enter their 22nd season of broadcasts together. They surpassed Jim Irwin and Max McGee for the most regular-season and postseason games broadcast for the Packers with 313 at the 2018 season opener against Chicago.
- The broadcast is also available on Sirius Satellite Radio (WTMJ feed), WTMJ.com via desktop computer and on numerous devices through NFL Game Pass.
- Compass Media Networks will air the game across the country with Gregg Daniels (play-by-play) and Chad Brown (analyst) calling the action.
- DIRECTV subscribers can watch the game on Channel 715.
THE DOPE ON THIS WEEK'S OPPONENT:
Packers vs. Eagles:
- Regular season, all-time: 26-15-0
- All-time, Postseason: 1-2
- All-time, at home: 17-6 (7-6 at Lambeau Field)
- Streaks: The Packers have won four of the past six regular-season meetings
- Last meeting, regular season: Sept. 26, 2019, Lambeau Field, Eagles won, 34-27
- Matt LaFleur: 21-6-0, .778; (1-1 postseason); 2nd NFL season
- Doug Pederson: 41-33-1, .553 (4-2 postseason); 5th NFL season
- Head to Head: LaFleur 0-1 vs. Pederson
- vs. Opponent: LaFleur 0-1 vs. Eagles; Pederson 1-1 vs. Packers
MATT LaFLEUR…In his second season as the Packers' 15th head coach.
- In his 12th season in the NFL, having previously served as an offensive coordinator for two seasons (Los Angeles Rams, 2017; Tennessee Titans, 2018), a quarterbacks coach for six seasons (Washington Redskins, 2010-13; Atlanta Falcons, 2015-16), and an offensive assistant for two seasons (Houston Texans, 2008-09).
- In his first season leading the Packers in 2019, because the first coach in club history to lead the team to the playoffs in his debut season. Also led the largest one-year win improvement in team history (plus-seven wins).
- Became only the fifth coach in NFL history to win 13-plus regular-season games in his first season as a head coach (Jim Caldwell, George Seifert, Jim Harbaugh, Steve Mariucci).
- Guided the Titans' offense in 2018 to a No. 7 league ranking in rushing (126.4 ypg) as Tennessee registered 11 games with 100-plus rushing yards, tied for No. 2 in the NFL.
- Helped the Rams lead the league in scoring with an average of 29.9 points per game in 2017, more than doubling their average from 2016 (14.0 ppg).
- Tutored QB Matt Ryan, who led the league in passer rating (117.1) in 2016 on his way to being named NFL Most Valuable Player by The Associated Press, and QB Robert Griffin III, who became the first QB in Washington franchise history to win AP Offensive Rookie of the Year in 2012.
DOUG PEDERSON…In his fifth year as the Eagles' 19th head coach.
- Has led the Eagles to playoff berths in three consecutive seasons (2017-19), including two NFC East titles and four combined playoff victories. In just his second season at the helm, led Philadelphia to its first Super Bowl championship with a 41-33 victory over New England in Super Bowl LII.
- Mentored the No.2 overall pick in the 2016 NFL Draft, QB Carson Wentz, who set an NFL rookie record for completions (379), and franchise rookie records for passing yards (3,782), passing touchdowns (16) and completion percentage (62.4 pecent).
- In Kansas City, coached Chiefs QB Alex Smith to the most wins by a starting quarterback in his first three years as the starter (30) in team history.
- Played quarterback in the NFL for 12 years with Green Bay, Miami, Philadelphia and Cleveland.
THE PACKERS-EAGLES SERIES
- The Packers swept the first nine contests in the series and won 16 of 18 from 1933-70.
- En route to winning Super Bowl XLV, Green Bay beat the Eagles in Philadelphia twice, with a 27-20 victory to open the season in Week 1 and a 21-16 win in the NFC Wild Card playoffs.
- The Packers also defeated Philadelphia in Week 2 of the 1996 season, 39-13, as part of a 13-3 season that led to a Super Bowl XXXI victory.
- The Eagles handed Hall of Fame head coach Vince Lombardi his only postseason defeat in the 1960 NFL Championship, 17-13.
Philadelphia Eagles head coach Doug Pederson played quarterback for eight seasons with the Packers (1995-98, 2001-04), serving as backup quarterback on Green Bay teams that won Super Bowl XXXI and two NFC titles…Packers CB Chandon Sullivan was originally signed by the Eagles as an undrafted free agent following the 2018 NFL Draft, and played in five games with one start for Philadelphia in 2018…Packers DL Anthony Rush played in nine games for the Eagles during the 2019 season…Eagles TE Richard Rodgers spent the first four seasons of his career (2014-17) with the Packers after the team selected him in the third round of the 2014 NFL Draft…Eagles LS Rick Lovato appeared in two games for the Packers during the 2015 season…Eagles WR Travis Fulgham briefly spent time with on the Packers' roster during 2020 training camp…Eagles RB Corey Clement and LB T.J. Edwards both played collegiately at the University of Wisconsin…Packers CB Ka'dar Hollman attended Burlington Township High School in Burlington, N.J. ...Packers S Darnell Savage attended Caravel Academy in Bear, Del. …Packers G Jon Runyan attended St. Joseph's Prep in Philadelphia…Runyan's father, Jon Runyan Sr., played nine seasons for the Eagles (2000-08)…Packers S Adrian Amos and Eagles WR Alshon Jeffery played together for the Bears during the 2015-16 seasons…Packers G/T Billy Turner (2016-18), DL Billy Winn (2016-19) and Eagles S Will Parks (2016-19) all spent time together with the Broncos organization…Packers T Rick Wagner, TE Robert Tonyan and Eagles CB Darius Slay all spent time together on the Lions' roster between 2017-19…Packers offensive quality control coach Kevin Koger played at Michigan with Eagles DE Brandon Graham from 2008-09…Packers defensive coordinator Mike Pettine and tight ends coach Justin Outten both attended Central Bucks West High School in Doylestown, Pa. …Pettine held coaching positions at William Tennent High School and North Penn High School, both in the greater Philadelphia area…Eagles assistant tight ends coach Mike Bartrum played in four games for the Packers at tight end in 1995...Eagles defensive backs coach Marquand Manuel started 16 games at safety for the Packers in 2006…Eagles safeties coach Tim Hauck played safety for the Packers from 1991-94, appearing in 58 games over that span...Packers inside linebackers coach Kirk Olivadotti is from Wilmington, Del. ...Eagles DT Malik Jackson played in Jacksonville from 2016-18 while Packers TE Marcedes Lewis (2016-17) and offensive coordinator Nathaniel Hackett (2016-18) were with the team…Packers head coach Matt LaFleur served as the Rams' offensive coordinator in 2017 when Eagles CB Nickell Robey-Coleman played for the team…LaFleur worked with Eagles defensive line coach Philip Daniels in Washington when Daniels served as director of player development. Additionally, LaFleur and Olivadotti were on the Washington coaching staff during Daniels' final playing season (2010)…Pettine (2013), Hackett (2013-14), Packers wide receivers coach Jason Vrable (2013-16) and Eagles defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz (2013) served on the Bills' coaching staff during Robey-Coleman's (2013-16) tenure with the team…Packers quarterbacks coach/passing game coordinator Luke Getsy and Eagles pass game analyst Andrew Breiner coached together at Mississippi State in 2018…Eagles senior offensive assistant Rich Scangarello coached with LaFleur for the Falcons in 2015 and served as a graduate assistant at UC Davis in 1999 when Hackett was on the roster…LaFleur, Outten and Manuel also coached together with the Falcons between 2015-18…Scangarello coached with Packers offensive line coach Adam Stenavich at Northern Arizona in 2014 and with the 49ers in 2017-18…Packers assistant offensive line coach Luke Butkus and Eagles wide receivers coach Aaron Moorehead played together at Illinois from 1999-2001…Moorehead coached with Packers special teams coordinator Shawn Mennenga and special teams quality control coach Rayna Stewart at Vanderbilt in 2018…Former college teammates include: Packers P JK Scott and Eagles QB Jalen Hurts (Alabama); Packers LS Hunter Bradley (2012-17), LB Preston Smith (11-14), S Will Redmond (2012-15), Eagles DT Fletcher Cox (2009-11) and Slay (2011-12) (Mississippi State); Turner, Packers WR Darrius Shepherd and Eagles QB Carson Wentz (North Dakota State); Packers S Vernon Scott, LB Ty Summers and Eagles G/T Matt Pryor and WR Jalen Reagor (TCU).