The Green Bay Packers go back on the road to play in Seattle against the Seahawks on Thursday night
- It marks the Packers' second Thursday night game at Seattle (Week 1 in 2014).
- Including the postseason, it will be the seventh time the two teams have played since 2012.
- It will be the fifth consecutive season the two teams have played during the regular season, the longest streak in the series.
- Green Bay has won three straight over Seattle, including a 17-9 victory in Week 1 last season.
- It is the third time the Packers have played at the Seahawks in the month of November (1987, 2006).
- Thursday will be the last of three games the Packers will have played in a 12-day span.
- The Packers have scored 23-plus points in seven of their last eight road games they have played in the month of November.
- Green Bay will play its next two games (at Seattle and at Minnesota) in primetime. The Packers have played three primetime games so far this season, defeating the Chicago Bears, 24-23, in Week 1 and the San Francisco 49ers, 33-30, in Week 6, and losing at the New England Patriots, 31-17, in Week 9.
This is an abbreviated version of the Dope Sheet. Read the full version here:
AGAINST THE NFC WEST
- Under McCarthy, Green Bay is 18-8 versus NFC West teams during the regular season. The Packers' .692 winning percentage ranks No. 5 in the NFL against the NFC West and Green Bay's 18 wins are tied for No. 1 (Minnesota) among teams outside the NFC West (pro-footballreference.com).
- Dating back to 2002, the Packers are 23-10 against the NFC West in the regular season. Green Bay's .697 winning percentage against the NFC West is No. 1 in the NFC and No. 3 in the NFL.
- The Packers' 23 wins against the NFC West since 2002 are the most in the NFL for a team outside the division.
- Green Bay has a plus-260 point differential against the NFC West since 2002, No. 2 in the NFL behind the Seattle Seahawks (plus-614).
- QB Aaron Rodgers has started 21 regular-season games against teams from the NFC West with the Packers winning 15 of those. Rodgers has thrown 40 touchdowns and nine interceptions in the 21 games, and his 104.7 passer rating ranks No. 1 in the NFL among active players against the NFC West since 2008 (min. 100 pass att.).
- Rodgers has recorded a passer rating of 100-plus in 13 regular-season games against the NFC West, including three of the past four.
- TE Jimmy Graham has totaled five TD receptions in the last four road games he has played against NFC West teams.
- Graham has played against NFC West teams 31 times (including postseason) and registered 14 TD receptions. According to Sportradar, he ranks No. 2 in receiving TDs against NFC West teams since 2010, trailing only Arizona Cardinals WR Larry Fitzgerald, who has 19 receiving TDs in 51 games.
WITH THE CALL
Thursday night's game will be televised to a national audience on FOX and NFL Network with play-by-play man Joe Buck and analyst Troy Aikman handling the call from the broadcast booth and Erin Andrews and Kristina Pink reporting from the sidelines. The game is also available through Amazon on Prime video with your choice of announcers: Hannah Storm and Andrea Kremer, Derek Rae and Tommy Smyth, or in Spanish with Jorge Perez-Navarro and Oscar Benítez.
- Milwaukee's WTMJ (620 AM), airing Green Bay games since November 1929, heads up the Packers Radio Network that is made up of 50 stations in four states. Wayne Larrivee (play-by-play) and two-time Packers Pro Bowler Larry McCarren (analyst) call the action. McCarren first joined the team's broadcasts in 1995 and enters his 24th season calling Packers games. After originally being paired together in 1999, McCarren and Larrivee enter their 20th season of broadcasts together. In Week 1, they surpassed Jim Irwin and Max McGee for the most regular-season and postseason games broadcast for the Packers.
- The broadcast is also available on Sirius Satellite Radio (WTMJ feed).
- Westwood One Sports will air the game across the country. Tom McCarthy (play-by-play) and Mike Holmgren (analyst) will call the action and Scott Graham will host pregame and halftime shows.
THE DOPE SHEET ON THIS WEEK'S OPPONENT:
Packers vs. Seahawks:
- Regular season, all-time: 11-7-0
- All-time, Postseason: 2-1
- All-time, in Seattle: 2-5
- Streaks: The Packers have won the last three matchups.
- Last meeting, regular season: Sept. 10, 2017; Packers won, 17-9, Lambeau Field
Mike McCarthy: 135-82-2, .621 (incl. 10-8 postseason); 13th NFL season
Pete Carroll: 126-91-1, .580 (incl. 10-7 postseason); 13th NFL season
Head to Head: 3-3
vs. Opponent: McCarthy 6-4 vs. Seahawks; Carroll 3-5 vs. Packers
MIKE McCARTHY…Is in his 13th year as the Packers' 14th head coach.
- Led Green Bay to its eighth consecutive playoff appearance in 2016, tied for the fourth-longest streak in NFL history. Has led the team to nine playoff appearances in the last 11 years (2007, 2009-16).
- Ranks second in franchise history in total victories, trailing only Curly Lambeau.
- Guided the Packers to top-10 finishes in scoring in eight straight seasons (2007-14), joining the Patriots as the only other team to accomplish the feat over that span; Packers led the league in scoring in 2014.
- Reached the 100-win plateau faster than any active NFL head coach, needing just 155 games.
- Joined Vince Lombardi and Mike Holmgren as the only coaches to guide the Packers to a Super Bowl title with a win over Pittsburgh in Super Bowl XLV.
PETE CARROLL…Is in his ninth year as the Seahawks' eighth head coach.
- Guided the Seahawks to a win in Super Bowl XLVIII with the youngest Super Bowl-winning roster in NFL history (26 years, 162 days).
- Built a defense that became just the fourth in league annals to lead the league in points and yards allowed in consecutive years (2013-14).
- Has guided the Seahawks to the divisional round in six of his eight seasons as coach, winning two NFC Championships and one Super Bowl, while claiming the No. 1 seed in the NFC twice.
- Coached Southern California to back-to-back national titles in 2003 and 2004, maintaining the No. 1 ranking throughout the 2004 season.
THE PACKERS-SEAHAWKS SERIES
- For a span of eight head-to-head meetings from 1996-2008, Mike Holmgren was the head coach for one of the teams.
- Of the three postseason matchups between the teams, only the Packers' 42-20 win in 2007 NFC Divisional Playoff was decided in regulation.
- Since Seattle's shift to the NFC due to realignment in 2002, the two teams have met 13 times (including playoffs). They met in six of seven seasons from 2003-09 and matched up six times between 2012-17.
- Seattle's only victory in Green Bay came on Nov. 1, 1999, when the Seahawks won 27-7.
- The Packers are 11-0 against Seattle when scoring 25-plus points.
Packers TE Jimmy Graham played for the Seahawks for three seasons and twice earned Pro Bowl recognition (2016-17)...Green Bay senior advisor to football operations Ted Thompson spent 2000-04 as Seattle's vice president of football operations...Packers associate head coach/linebackers Winston Moss played the final three seasons (1995-97) of his career in Seattle and started his coaching career with the Seahawks in 1998...Green Bay defensive coordinator Mike Pettine spent the 2017 season as a consultant for Seattle... Seahawks QB Brett Hundley was drafted by the Packers in the fifth round of the 2015 NFL Draft, and spent three seasons with the club...Seattle executive vice president/general manager John Schneider was with the Packers for 13 years as a personnel intern (1992), scout (1993-96), personnel analyst to the general manager (2002-07) and director of football operations (2008-09)...Schneider worked under Thompson in Seattle in 2000 and attended Abbot Pennings High in De Pere, Wis. ...Schneider and Packers executive vice president/director of football operations Russ Ball worked together with the Washington Redskins in 2001...Green Bay head coach Mike McCarthy, special teams coordinator Ron Zook and general manager Brian Gutekunst worked with Schneider in Kansas City (1997-99)...McCarthy also coached alongside Seattle offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer and offensive line coach Mike Solari in Kansas City...Solari was the assistant offensive line coach for Green Bay in 2015...Seattle assistant defensive line coach Jethro Franklin coached the Packers' defensive line from 2000-04...Seahawks assistant strength and conditioning coach Mondray Gee coached in Green Bay from 2008-09...Seattle running backs coach Chad Morton was the Packers' coaching administrator in 2009 and special teams assistant from 2010-13...McCarthy coached in New Orleans in 2000 when Morton played for the Saints...Seahawks QB Russell Wilson played one season (2011) at the University of Wisconsin...Green Bay CB Kevin King (2013-16) played at the University of Washington...Seattle head coach Pete Carroll coached Packers LBs Clay Matthews (2005-08) and LB Nick Perry (2009) while serving as head coach at Southern California...A number of other Seahawks coaches also coached Matthews and Perry at USC, including defensive coordinator Ken Norton, Jr. and head strength and conditioning coach Chris Carlisle...Packers offense – run game coordinator/offensive line coach James Campen played for the Saints for two seasons while Seahawks associate head coach Carl Smith was the New Orleans offensive coordinator...Seahawks OLB Barkevious Mingo played in Cleveland while Pettine was head coach of the Browns... Mingo also played alongside Packers LB Antonio Morrison in Indianapolis in 2017...Green Bay T/G Byron Bell played with Seattle CB Kalan Reed in Tennessee...Bell also teamed with Seahawks TE Ed Dickson in Carolina... Seattle DE Dion Jordan played in Miami while Packers offensive coordinator Joe Philbin was the Dolphins' head coach...Schottenheimer also coached Zook at Florida (1994-95) and Pettine in New York with the Jets (2009-11)...Green Bay defensive assistant Scott McCurley played with Seahawks assistant offensive line coach Brennan Carroll at the University of Pittsburgh from 1999-2001...Seattle quality control/defense coach Tom Donatell was a defensive graduate assistant at UCLA while Packers DT Kenny Clark was a Bruin…Collegiately, Donatell was a linebacker at Iowa, where he teamed with Packers DL Mike Daniels and T Bryan Bulaga...Green Bay wide receivers coach David Raih was also an offensive graduate assistant for the Hawkeyes at the time...Packers C Corey Linsley and Seahawks TE Nick Vannet played together at Ohio State.
This is an abbreviated version of the Dope Sheet. Read the full version here: