Coming off back-to-back NFC North division championships, the Green Bay Packers placed third in total sales of NFL licensed merchandise for 2003.
The Packers, making their eighth consecutive appearance in the top five, posted their best ranking since 1998, the year following back-to-back trips to the Super Bowl in 1996 and 1997.
The Packers followed the Oakland Raiders, who ranked first for the third consecutive year and were coming off a Super Bowl appearance in 2002, and the New England Patriots, winners of two of the last three Super Bowls.
In addition, Brett Favre's No. 4 jersey continues to rank among the NFL's most popular, coming in as the 11th most purchased jersey on NFLshop.com in 2003.
The NFL is the world's most popular sports brand and is the seventh-largest overall brand globally, according to License! magazine.
To shop for NFL officially licensed Packers merchandise, visit PackersProShop.com.
Top 10 Selling NFL Teams in 2003
(April 1, 2003 - March 31, 2004)
- Oakland Raiders
- New England Patriots
3. Green Bay Packers
Top-Selling NFL Player Jerseys (NFL Shop.com)
(April 1-June 30, 2004)
- Terrell Owens, Philadelphia Eagles
- Michael Vick, Atlanta Falcons
- Chad Johnson, Cincinnati Bengals
- Donovan McNabb, Philadelphia Eagles
- Brian Urlacher, Chicago Bears
- Warren Sapp, Oakland Raiders
- Eli Manning, New York Giants
- Ricky Williams, Miami Dolphins
- Roy Williams, Dallas Cowboys
- Jeremy Shockey, New York Giants
11. Brett Favre, Green Bay Packers
- Priest Holmes, Kansas City Chiefs
- Charles Woodson, Oakland Raiders
- Tom Brady, New England Patriots
- LaVar Arrington, Washington Redskins
- Marshall Faulk, St. Louis Rams
- LaDainian Tomlinson, San Diego Chargers
- Jerry Rice, Oakland Raiders
- Joey Harrington, Detroit Lions
- Peyton Manning, Indianapolis Colts