"Prospect Primer" normally focuses on players chosen as first-round picks in mock drafts, but the series will deviate slightly with this entry, profiling a player frequently projected as a second-round selection and connected to the Packers by a number of media outlets.
So, with that in mind, today's player is …
Darnell Washington, TE, Georgia
Height/Weight: 6-7, 264
Key stats: Had 28 catches for 454 yards and two TDs last season and averaged 17.2 yards per catch over three years.
College honors: Named second-team All-SEC in 2022 as Georgia repeated as national champs.
Background/other info: Saw his draft stock rise at the combine, clocking a 4.64-second 40-yard dash with a 31-inch vertical jump and 10-2 broad jump at 264 pounds. His overall athletic score from the combine testing ranked him second at his position in the draft. Massive tight end who was used like an extra offensive tackle for much of his college career before becoming a more regular receiving target last season. Can help an NFL offense in the run game right away and is seen as having strong upside as a pass catcher despite far less college production than other tight ends in this draft class. Most commonly viewed as a second-round draft pick, but not out of the question he could be chosen in the first round. Should he be selected on opening night, would become the first Georgia tight end taken in the first round since Benjamin Watson in 2004.
- Myles Murphy, Edge, Clemson
- Quentin Johnston, WR, TCU
- Brian Branch, S, Alabama
- Prospect Primer: Calijah Kancey, DL, Pittsburgh
- Peter Skoronski, OT, Northwestern
- Nolan Smith, Edge, Georgia
- Michael Mayer, TE, Notre Dame
- Bijan Robinson, RB, Texas
- Tyree Wilson, Edge, Texas Tech
- Paris Johnson Jr., OL, Ohio State
- Drew Sanders, LB, Arkansas
- Jordan Addison, WR, USC
- Cam Smith, CB, South Carolina
- Darnell Washington, TE, Georgia
- Darnell Wright, OL, Tennessee
- Bryan Bresee, DL, Clemson
- Jaxon Smith-Njigba, WR, Ohio State
- Lukas Van Ness, Edge, Iowa
- Broderick Jones, OL, Georgia