Packers.com has consulted more than two dozen mock drafts from reputable national outlets and compiled a list of players most frequently mocked as draft selections in the middle portion of the first round (picks 10-20) who could fit Green Bay's potential roster needs.
Between now and draft day, when the Packers own the No. 15 overall selection in the first round, those players will be profiled with thumbnail sketches and videos known as "Prospect Primers."
Today's player is …
Lukas Van Ness, Edge, Iowa
Height/Weight: 6-5, 272
Key stats: Posted 13½ sacks among 19½ tackles for loss over the past two seasons.
College honors: Received Freshman All-America honors from a couple of outlets in 2021 and then was named second-team All-Big Ten this past season.
Background/other info: Strangely, never started a game for the Hawkeyes but was one of their biggest defensive playmakers the past two seasons. Took a redshirt year in 2020 and then rotated into the defensive front in 2021, mostly on the interior, and made a strong impression. Transitioned outside in 2022 with the occasional move inside, producing in various alignments. Also blocked two punts against rival Iowa St. last season. Tested well at the combine, clocking 4.58 in the 40 at 270-plus pounds and is getting first-round projections due to a high ceiling. Continues to build his body, having arrived at Iowa at 240 pounds. Limited college experience at the age of 21 (he'll turn 22 just before training camp starts) suggests there's plenty more to maximize with his athletic ability.
- Myles Murphy, Edge, Clemson
- Quentin Johnston, WR, TCU
- Brian Branch, S, Alabama
- Prospect Primer: Calijah Kancey, DL, Pittsburgh
- Peter Skoronski, OT, Northwestern
- Nolan Smith, Edge, Georgia
- Michael Mayer, TE, Notre Dame
- Bijan Robinson, RB, Texas
- Tyree Wilson, Edge, Texas Tech
- Paris Johnson Jr., OL, Ohio State
- Drew Sanders, LB, Arkansas
- Jordan Addison, WR, USC
- Cam Smith, CB, South Carolina
- Darnell Washington, TE, Georgia
- Darnell Wright, OL, Tennessee
- Bryan Bresee, DL, Clemson
- Jaxon Smith-Njigba, WR, Ohio State
- Lukas Van Ness, Edge, Iowa
- Broderick Jones, OL, Georgia