- Joined the Packers on Feb. 8, 2022.
- Brings 20 years of experience in the league as a special teams coordinator with the Oakland/Las Vegas Raiders (2018-21), Dallas Cowboys (2013-17), San Diego Chargers (2011-12) and Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2002-10).
- Has guided his units to top-10 finishes in Rick Gosselin's special teams rankings eight times during his career (No. 7 in 2002 and 2007, No. 9 in 2008, No. 2 in 2009, No. 6 in 2012, No. 4 in 2013 and 2015, No. 5 in 2017).
- Served as the Raiders' interim head coach for the final 12 regular-season games in 2021, leading the team to a 7-5 finish as the Raiders posted a 10-7 mark and made their first postseason appearance since 2016.
- Following the 2021 season, received votes for both the NFL Coach of the Year and the NFL Assistant Coach of the Year from The Associated Press.
- Tutored P AJ Cole, who earned first-team AP All-Pro recognition in 2021 after leading the league in punting average (50.0), and K Daniel Carlson, who set a single-season franchise record with 150 points (tied for No. 1 in the NFL) last season, including a team-record 40 field goals, tied for the second most in a season in NFL history.
- During his nine seasons with the Buccaneers (2002-10), directed his units to top-10 rankings over that span in kickoff return average (No. 4, 23.0), opponent kickoff return average (No. 6, 21.0), fewest kickoff/punt returns surrendered for TDs (t-No. 4, five), punts placed inside the 20 (No. 7, 229) and opponent field goals blocked (t-No. 1, 12).
- Prior to joining the Buccaneers, spent 19 seasons (1983-2001) coaching at the collegiate level, including three seasons at Mississippi (1999-2001), five seasons at Clemson (1994-98) and six seasons at South Carolina (1988-93).