- Selected by Green Bay in the second round of the 2018 NFL Draft (No. 45 overall), becoming the highest-selected Hawkeye defensive back since S Bob Sanders in 2004 (Indianapolis Colts, No. 44 overall).
- Was the third defensive player the Packers have picked out of Iowa in the past seven drafts (DL Mike Daniels, No. 132 in 2012 / DB Micah Hyde, No. 159 in 2013).
- Named a permanent team captain on defense in 2017 and was a consensus first-team All-America as well as first-team All-Big Ten by league coaches and media.
- Was the Big Ten Conference Tatum-Woodson Defensive Back of the Year, was a recipient of the Jack Tatum Award, presented by the Touchdown Club of Columbus, and was one of three finalists for 2017 Jim Thorpe Award.
- Was one of four recipients of the Hayden Fry Award, given to team members who show exemplary leadership and dedication throughout the year.
- Set career highs as a junior in ’17 in games started (13), tackles (48), solo tackles (34), passes defensed (26, No. 1 nationally), interception return yards (168, No. 2 in the nation) and forced fumbles (one), while his career-best eight interceptions led the nation and tied the single-season school record (Desmond King, 2015; Lou King, 1981; Nile Kinnick, 1939).
- Returned two interceptions for touchdowns at Wisconsin in 2017 to tie the school single-game and season records. Is the only player in conference history with two scoring returns on INTs in a Big Ten game.
- In 2015, saw action in all 14 games, recording eight tackles (all solo) and two passes defensed. Was part of a Hawkeye team that opened the season 12-0 for the first time in school history.
- Majored in sports management.
Jackson 1-on-1: Felt ‘pretty good’ in pro debut
CB Josh Jackson talks about his first experience in an NFL game.
Jackson: 'Marathon, not a sprint'
CB Josh Jackson spoke with the media on Monday as the Packers continue preparations for the preseason opener against the Tennessee Titans.
Jackson 'really enjoyed it'
Packers CB Josh Jackson talks about riding a bike to practice and talking to fans on Day 1 of Packers Training Camp.