- Selected by the Packers in the third round (No. 88 overall) of the 2018 NFL Draft, a pick obtained from Carolina in exchange for a fourth-round pick (No. 101) and a fifth-round pick (No. 147).
- Became the seventh player to be drafted out of Vanderbilt in team history and the second linebacker (Hunter Hillenmeyer, fifth round, 2003) to be selected from the school.
- Played in 45 games with 40 starts in four seasons with the Commodores and registered 237 tackles (136 solo), 15½ tackles for a loss, 4½ sacks, five interceptions, 27 passes defensed, two forced fumbles and three fumble recoveries.
- Was named to the Butkus Award watch list in 2017 and went on to post career highs in tackles (82), solo tackles (45) and tackles for a loss (seven) in his first season at inside linebacker.
- Ranked No. 2 on the team as a senior in total tackles and solo tackles and No. 4 on the team in tackles for a loss.
- Appeared in all 13 games with 10 starts as a junior at a linebacker/safety hybrid position, finishing with 59 tackles (40 solo), 6½ tackles for a loss and a career-best 3½ sacks.
- Played free safety as a sophomore in 2015, starting all 12 games and recording career highs in interceptions (three) and passes defensed (nine). Earned third-team All-Southeastern Conference honors from Phil Steele’s College Football.
- Appeared in eight games with seven starts at safety as a redshirt freshman in 2014, recording 37 tackles (16 solo) and seven passes defensed.
- Attended South County High School (Lorton, Va.), where he earned first-team all-state honors and was named the district Defensive Player of the Year as a senior after posting 123 tackles, 17 tackles for a loss, 3½ sacks, six forced fumbles and three interceptions.
- Earned his degree in human and organizational development.
Burks feels urgency not pressure
Packers LB Oren Burks talks about the opportunity that’s in front of him following Thursday's game.
Burks: ‘I’m excited to show what I got’
Packers LB Oren Burks spoke to the media about looking forward to Thursday’s preseason opener against the Titans.
Rock Report: Thought-provoking
Training Camp is the perfect setting for thinking all things Packers. Analyst Larry McCarren has a few thoughts on the team after its first seven practices.
Burks looking to Martinez for guidance, leadership
LB Oren Burks spoke to the media following Tuesday’s training camp practice.
Burks rolls with the punches
Packers LB Oren Burks talks on the greater sense of urgency at training camp practice.
Burks talks about his versatility
LB Oren Burks talks about learning the system and his coverage skills after the Packers' last minicamp practice.