GREEN BAY – Prior to next month's release of "Madden 21," EA Sports has announced the player ratings for all 32 NFL teams in the latest installment of the iconic franchise.
Here are 10 of the biggest takeaways as it relates to the Packers' 2020 roster in "Madden 21":
- With a 96 overall rating, four-time All-Pro David Bakhtiari is the highest-rated left tackle in the game and the Packers' highest-rated player. He leads all NFL offensive linemen with a 98 pass-blocking finesse rating. That, Bakhtiari's 98 awareness and quarterback Aaron Rodgers' 98 toughness were the highest individual stat categories of any Packers players in the game. Bakhtiari is both the second-highest-rated offensive lineman in the game (behind Dallas guard Zack Martin's 98) and possesses the second-highest pass-blocking rating with a 96 (trailing only Kansas City right tackle Mitchell Schwartz's 97).
- The Packers have five players at or above a 90 overall rating: Bakhtiari, receiver Davante Adams (94), running back Aaron Jones (90), cornerback Jaire Alexander (90) and defensive tackle Kenny Clark (90).
- Besides Bakhtiari, others ranked inside the top 10 at their respective "Madden" position were: Adams (94, fifth), Clark (90, tied fourth), Alexander (90, tied fourth), Jones (90, seventh), quarterback Aaron Rodgers (89, sixth), left outside linebacker Za'Darius Smith (88, fourth), strong safety Adrian Amos (86, sixth), right outside linebacker Preston Smith (84, third), punter JK Scott (80, seventh), and left guard Elgton Jenkins (80, eighth).
- Alexander is rated among the game's best players in several categories including man coverage (93, third) and change-of-direction rating (97, tied fourth).
- Adams has the route tree covered with a 97 release rating (third), 96 in short-route running (third), a 94 in medium-route running (fourth), a 94 in catch-in-traffic (tied sixth), and a 90 in deep-route running (tied seventh). He also has the Packers' highest catch rating at 94.
- Clark, in addition to being the Packers' strongest player (95), is also one of the best block-shedders in the game with a 92 rating, which is tied for sixth in "Madden 21." He's also the Packers' best tackler at 86. Za'Darius Smith led Green Bay with a 92 in pursuit, 91 in pass-rush moves and 79 in finesse moves.
- Rodgers tied for third among quarterbacks with Detroit's Matthew Stafford with 94 throwing power, behind Buffalo's Josh Allen (99) and Kansas City's Patrick Mahomes (97). He also ranks in the top 10 in throw on the run (92, fourth), throw-accuracy deep (90, fourth), throw-accuracy medium (88, seventh), throw under pressure (89, tied seventh), play-action (89, ninth) and break-sack rating (88, nine). He also has a 97 stamina rating.
- The Packers have four players tied for the fastest speed with a 93 rating: Alexander and fellow cornerback Ka'Dar Hollman, safety Darnell Savage and receiver Marquez Valdes-Scantling. Green Bay had 12 players with a 90 or better rating in speed.
- EA Sports recognized running back Jamaal Williams' ball-security prowess with a 96 carry rating, tied for the fifth-highest in the game. The fourth-year veteran has not fumbled on any of his 472 career regular-season touches. Jones tied for 11th with a 93 carry rating, while rookie AJ Dillon cracked the top 15 with a 92. With a 72 rating, Dillon has the highest overall rating of the Packers' nine-player rookie class. First-round pick Jordan Love, who has a 71, cracked the top 20 among all QBs with a 90 power rating.
- Among the more obscure ratings among Packers players are Lane Taylor's 15 catch rating, the 22 rating Bakhtiari and rookie Simon Stepaniak were given for carrying the ball, Montravius Adams' eight in kick power and six in kick accuracy, Tim Boyle having a team-low 10 in every blocking category, Dean Lowry's nine on returns, Tyler Lancaster's three in medium-route running and two in deep-route running, rookie center Jake Hanson's seven in man coverage, and Bakhtiari's 10 in zone coverage.
- 60, FB Elijah Wellman
- 78, C Corey Linsley
- 59, C Jake Hanson
- 80, P JK Scott
- 77, K Mason Crosby
- 28, LS Hunter Bradley