- Selected by the Packers with the third of three picks in the fifth round (No. 174 overall) of the 2018 NFL Draft, a compensatory pick awarded to the team. Became just the fourth WR in school history to be drafted out of South Florida.
- Played in 25 games with 23 starts in his two seasons at South Florida (2016-17), posting 75 receptions for 1,294 yards (17.3 avg.) and 11 touchdowns.
- His average of 17.3 yards per catch was the top mark in school history (min. 70 receptions) and his receiving-yardage total of 1,294 yards ranks No. 10 in school annals despite only playing two seasons for the Bulls. Ranks No. 6 in school history with 11 TD catches.
- In two seasons at USF, scored five TDs of 50-plus yards (catches of 95 and 64 yards and 75-yard run in 2017, catches of 77 and 51 yards in 2016).
- Scored 12 TDs for the Bulls (11 receiving, one rushing), averaging 40.5 yards on those scoring plays.
- Set the USF single-season record with 879 yards on a team-high 53 receptions with six TDs as a senior in 2017.
- Set the school mark with a 95-yard TD catch at Connecticut in 2017 and posted the second-most receiving yards in a game in USF history with 186 vs. Houston in 2017.
- In his first season at South Florida, was tied for the team lead with five TD receptions as a junior in 2016.
- Started his collegiate career at North Carolina State (2013-14), where he played in 23 games with 11 starts and caught 44 passes for 538 yards (12.2 avg.) and a TD.
- As a sophomore in 2014, started eight games for the Wolfpack and hauled in 22 passes for 257 yards (11.7 avg.) and a TD.
- Was one of just four true freshmen to start a game for the Wolfpack in 2013, finishing the season with 22 receptions for 281 yards (12.8 avg.).
- Earned all-state and all-county honors at Lakewood High School (St. Petersburg, Fla.), posting 50 receptions for 800 yards (16.0 avg.) and 14 TDs as a senior.
- Earned his degree in communication.
Valdes-Scantling: ‘I’m confident in my ability’
Packers WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling recalls his touchdown with Packers analyst Larry McCarren.
WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling Highlights | Preseason Week 1
Watch Green Bay Packers rookie WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling had five catches for 101 yards and 1 touchdown in the Preseason Week 1 matchup against the Tennessee Titans.
Packers WR Valdes-Scantling makes spectacular TD grab
Green Bay Packers WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling makes a spectacular catch in the back of the end zone on a pass from QB Tim Boyle to lead the Titans 24-10.
QB Kizer hits WR Valdes-Scantling on deep pass for 51-yard gain
Packers WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling catches a deep pass from QB DeShone Kizer for a 51-yard gain Thursday against the Titans.
Valdes-Scantling: 'Keep focusing'
Packers WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling talks about how camp is coming along for him after Monday’s practice.